How can I request spares of MONIX products?
To request a spare, you must contact the authorised technical service and request the utensil/part you need. The technical service will process the purchase of the requested utensil/part as quickly as possible. The List of Authorised Technical Services is available on this TECHNICAL SERVICES LIST page.
How do I clean a stainless steel product?
MONIX products manufactured in stainless steel can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher. If you choose the first option, we recommend that you don’t use rough pads and abrasive cleaning products. Avoid bleaches for example.
How do I clean a cast aluminium product?
MONIX products manufactured in cast aluminium can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher. If you opt for the first option, we recommend that you use non-abrasive products. Also avoid sponges that can leave scratches. It is recommended to wash utensils by hand with soft, non-metallic sponges that do not damage the non-stick coating.
Why does a non-stick product cease to be non-stick?
MONIX carefully controls the non-stick coating process on each utensil, in order to guarantee its durability and resistance.
The non-stick layer has been designed to give clients long-term service, provided they correctly follow the instructions for use. Pre-heating to extremely high temperatures, heating when empty, using metal utensils and/or cleaning with abrasive detergents and sponges can lead to the deterioration of the product’s non-stick properties.
Are Teflon® non-stick products safe for the consumer?
Teflon® non-stick products for household use comply with all the worldwide regulations and directives for food contact.
• Teflon® non-stick products comply with FDA (Food and Drugs Administration) standards for food contact.
• The NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) has approved the use of Teflon® non-stick for commercial uses.
• The technology employed by DuPont complies with EFSA (European Food Safety Association) standards.
Where can I get a MONIX product repaired?
If you need to repair a MONIX product, you should contact the authorised technical service and request the repair you require. The technical service will advise you and offer you the best solution to your problem. The List of Authorised Technical Services is available on this TECHNICAL SERVICES LIST page.
Are MONIX products manufactured in stainless steel suitable for the oven?
Yes, but with exceptions. Those parts that are entirely made of stainless steel are suitable for domestic use. Stainless steel products incorporating pieces adhered in other materials (eg bakelite, glass), are suitable for oven up to a maximum of 200ºC. The handling of any part that has been subjected to high temperatures must always be handled with the proper precautions and protections, since the fact that the part is suitable for oven does not mean that it does not reach dangerous temperature levels for its manipulation without measures of protection.
Are MONIX products manufactured in cast aluminium suitable for the oven?
Yes, but with exceptions. Those utensils that are entirely manufactured in cast aluminium are suitable for household oven use. Elements such as silicon lids and handles are suitable for oven use up to a maximum of 200ºC. Any utensil that has been subjected to high temperatures must be handled with care and the due precautions and hand protections.
What utensils does MONIX recommend for cooking with cast aluminium?
Although the Teflon® Platinum Plus non-stick coating by DuPont of Nemours provides a high scratch resistance, MONIX still recommends that non-aggressive utensils be used when cooking with cast aluminium, such as those manufactured in the following materials: nylon, silicon or wood. This will prolong the life span of the utensil in question considerably.
How do I know my cookware is suitable for induction?
Most MONIX cookware products are suitable for induction, but you can make sure of this by checking that the package includes the following symbol:
How do I know my cookware is suitable for the dishwasher?
All the products in the MONIX catalogue are suitable for the dishwasher, except those parts of specific products, which, due to their technical characteristics, should not be washed by means of this system. A good example of this are the lids of pressure cookers, which, due to the technical elements they incorporate, it is advisable to clean more exhaustively by hand.
Can I wash the lid of the pressure cooker in the dish washer?
To keep the lid of the Express cooker in perfect condition, it is recommended that this be done by hand, carefully cleaning the operating valve to avoid any lime scale and accumulations of fat, which could block it. It is recommended that the lid of the cooker be cleaned with a non-abrasive detergent. It is also strongly recommended that the lid not be cleaned in the dishwasher.
My stainless steel cookware has rainbow-coloured marks. How can I get rid of them?
This reaction in the stainless steel is caused by the product’s over-exposure to very high temperatures or when the cooktop gas hob is wider than the bottom of the pan. There are various special products on the market that will help you clean this type of mark. In any case, this discoloration of the steel has no effect on the result and the taste of the foodstuffs cooked.
What do the following symbols mean?
• “Induction cooktop symbol”. If the product includes this symbol it means it is suitable for use on induction cooktops. If you are in any doubt as to how your cooktop works, we recommend you contact its manufacturer before using the MONIX cookware utensil.
• “Glass ceramic cooktop symbol”. If the product includes this symbol it means it is suitable for use on glass ceramic cooktops. If you are in any doubt as to how your cooktop works, we recommend you contact its manufacturer before using the MONIX cookware utensil.
• “Electric cooktop symbol”. If the product includes this symbol it means it is suitable for use on induction cooktops.
• “Gas cooktop symbol”. If the product has this symbol it means it is suitable for use on gas cooktops.
• “Dishwasher symbol”. If the product includes this symbol it means it is suitable for cleaning in the dish washer.
• “Oven symbol”. If the product includes this symbol it means it is suitable for use in the oven.
• “Teflon symbol”. REDIRECT TO THE EXPLANATION “ What is…?
• “EO+ symbol: REDIRECT TO THE EXPLANATION “ What is…?
• “ECO+ symbol: REDIRECT TO THE EXPLANATION “ What is…?
I have to return the product due to a factory defect and I cannot take it back to the store I purchased it from. What should I do?
If you cannot or if it is too expensive to take the product back to the store you purchased it from, you can contact MONIX to apply for the product to be repaired or replaced, by sending it by ordinary post to:
ISOGONA S.L., c/ Basters 4, Polígono Industrial, (43800) Valls, Tarragona (ESPAÑA).